Last Updated: Sep 2015
Also, please note that this Statement does not apply to our processing of personal information on behalf of and subject to the instructions of third parties such as airlines, car rental companies and other service providers, companies that organize or offer packaged travel arrangements, marketing partners, or corporate customers.
Personal Information We Collect
At every touch point or guest interaction, and in conducting every aspect of our business, we may collect personal information. This personal information may include: your contact information; information related to your reservation, stay or visit to a property; participation in a membership or loyalty program; participation in a sweepstakes or marketing program (even if you do not stay at one of our hotels); information related to the purchase and receipt of products or services; personal characteristics, nationality, passport number and date and place of issue; travel history; payment information; guest preferences; marketing and communication preferences; reviews and opinions about our Portfolio of Brands or properties (if they are identified or associated with you); travel partner program affiliation and member number; hotel, airline and rental car packages booked; groups with which you are associated for stays at hotels; information needed to administer the loyalty program and profiles, including transaction and correspondence details; information provided on membership and account applications; and other types of information that you choose to provide to us or that we may obtain from third parties. We may also record details on joint travelers, including their names. We may also collect and keep information and records related to conversations, including recording or monitoring customer service calls.
In addition, we collect other personal information in certain cases, such as:
- Surveys: We may request demographic data or other personal information in customer surveys.
- On-property Collection: Local laws may require that we collect additional personal information during registration/check-in at our properties. We may also use closed circuit television and other security measures at our properties that may capture or record images of guests, visitors in public areas and information related to your location while on our properties via keycards and other technologies. We may also use other technologies that record sound or video to protect our staff. In addition, we may collect personal information in connection with on-property services, such as concierge services, restaurants, spas, activities, child care services, and equipment rental.
- Event Profiles: If you plan an event with us, we collect meeting and event specifications, the date of the event, number of guests, details of the guest rooms, and, for corporate events, information on your organization (name, annual budget, and number of sponsored events per year). We also collect information about the guests that are a part of your group or event. If you visit us as part of a group, we may have personal information about you provided to us by the group and may market to you as a result of your stay with a group or attendance at an event. If you visit us as part of an event, we may share personal information about you with the event planners so they may include you as part of the event. If you are an event planner we may also share information about your event with third-party service providers who may market event services to you.
- Social Media: If you choose to participate in Astadala-sponsored social media activities or offerings, we may collect certain information from your social media account consistent with your settings within the social media service, such as location, check-ins, activities, interests, photos, status updates and friend list. You should understand that you may be subject to the terms and conditions and any privacy policies of the social media site and that Astadala is not responsible for your activities on social media sites.
- Forward-to-a-Friend: From time to time, we may offer a feature that allows you to send or share a message with a friend via the Internet. If you choose to do so, we will ask you for the recipient’s name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include, or you may be able to use a pre-populated message. By using this feature, you represent that you are entitled to use and provide us with the recipient’s name and email address for this purpose.
Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties
In addition to the information we collect from you directly, we may also infer information about you based on the information you provide to us or from Other Information we receive. (See below for more details about “Other Information.”) We may also collect information about you from third parties, including information from airline, credit card, and other partners, information from social media sites consistent with your settings on such sites, such as social media sign-on programs, and from third-party sources. We may append this information to the information we have on file for you and share it with others consistent with this Statement.
Use of Personal Information Collected About You
We use your personal information to provide the services you request from Astadala, or which are part of a program you have joined or a purchase you have made. We also use your personal information to provide you with information about meeting and event planning and access to specific account information for administrative purposes. In addition, we may use your information to: improve Astadala’s services; provide you with the expected level of hospitality; ensure our site, products and services are of interest to you; process enrollments and applications; and facilitate collections. We also use the information to provide or offer you newsletters, promotions and featured specials, other marketing communications, product or service awareness marketing, to conduct surveys, sweepstakes, prize draws, and other contests. We may provide these communications online, via email, telephone, or mobile messaging. We may also aggregate your personal information with data from third-party sources for purposes of data hygiene and analytics.
How We Share Personal Information
As a hospitality management company, we endeavor to provide you with the same level of service that you have come to expect at every Astadala property. To provide this service, we may share your personal information among members of the Astadala managed hotels, villas, spas, restaurants, or service providers that may be located in countries outside your own. Although the data protection laws of these various countries may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country, Astadala will take appropriate steps to ensure that your personal information is handled as described in this Statement.
- Astadala Portfolio of Brands: We may share personal information with other companies within the Astadala Portfolio of Brands, that may jointly use the personal information for the purposes described above. PT. Anugerah Paskah Bali is the party responsible for the management of the jointly used personal information.
- Group Events or Meetings: If you visit Astdala as part of a group event or meeting, information collected for meeting and event planning may be shared with the organizers of those meetings and events, and, where appropriate, guests who organize or participate in the meeting or event.
- Business Partners: From time to time we may partner with other companies to provide products or services and may share your information with our business partners to provide those products or services to you. For example, we may help to arrange rental car or other services from our business partners, and share personal information with our business partners in order to provide those services.
- Co-Sponsors of Promotions: We also may co-sponsor promotions, sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions or contests with other companies, or we may provide prizes for sweepstakes and contests sponsored by other companies. If you enter one of these sweepstakes or contests, we may share your information with our co-sponsor or the third-party sponsor.
- On-property Services: We may share personal information with providers of on-property services that provide services such as concierge services, spa treatments, or dining experiences.
- Service Providers: We rely on service providers to provide certain products and services, such as to facilitate administrative functions and information technology operations, credit card billing, reservations services, providing services in connection with our websites, including airline and rental car packages; communicating news and delivering promotional and transactional materials via email, direct mail, and online and mobile advertising; processing credit card transactions, data hygiene and enhancement services; professional services such as accounting, auditing and legal advice; investigating accident reports; processing insurance claims; and administering sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions and customer surveys. Astadala will disclose personal information to service providers as appropriate.
- Business Transactions: As we develop our business, we might sell, buy, restructure or reorganize businesses or assets. In the event of a merger, consolidation, sale, liquidation or transfer of assets, Astadala may, in its sole and absolute discretion, transfer, sell or assign information collected, including, without limitation, Other Information and personal information, to one or more affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
- Other: In addition, Astadala may disclose personal information in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws, (ii) respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities, (iii) comply with valid legal process, (iv) protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Astadala, site visitors, guests, employees or the public, (v) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, (vi) enforce our websites’ terms and conditions, and (vii) respond to an emergency.
Because Other Information does not personally identify you, such information may be disclosed for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with personal information. If we do combine any Other Information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information in accordance with this Statement.
The term “sensitive information” refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership. We do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you. We may use health data provided by you to serve you better and meet your particular needs.
Personal Information From Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our site may contain links to third parties’ websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, maintenance, sharing, or disclosure of data and information by such third parties.
Other third-party websites include the landing page of the high-speed Internet providers at our hotels, as well as social media sites (such as Facebook and Twitter) on which Astadala or our properties may have accounts or fan pages where you may be able to post information and materials.
Protecting Personal Information
Astadala will take reasonable measures to: (i) protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and (ii) keep personal information accurate and up-to-date as appropriate. We also seek to require our affiliates and service providers with whom we share personal information to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about you. For online transactions, we use reasonable technology to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
For your own privacy protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information in any emails you send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information to us via email.
We will not contact you by mobile/text messaging or email to ask for your confidential personal information or credit card details. We will only ask for your confidential personal information or credit card details by telephone when you are booking a reservation or promotional package by telephone. If you receive this type of request, you should not respond to it. We also ask that you please notify us at email@example.com.
Changing and Accessing Your Personal Information
To the extent required by applicable law, you may be able to request that we inform you about the personal information we maintain about you and, where appropriate, request that we update, correct and/or suppress personal information about you that we maintain in our active database. We will make all required updates and changes within the time specified by applicable law and, where permitted by law, may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to the request. Such requests must be submitted in writing to the following address: Astadala Hotel Management, Jalan Raya Seminyak 17, Kuta, Bali, Indonesia. To protect your confidentiality, we can only respond to such requests to the email address that you have registered or otherwise provided to us. Please remember that if you make such a request, we may not be able to provide you with the same quality and variety of services to which you are accustomed.
In addition, in some circumstances based on applicable law, you may request that we cease sharing personal information about you with our business partners or that Astadala cease using personal information about you on the grounds that such personal information was acquired by unjust means or used in violation of law by sending your written request to Astadala Hotel Management, Jalan Raya Seminyak 17, Kuta, Bali, Indonesia. We will seek to honor those requests consistently with applicable law.
Retaining Personal Information
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Choices – Marketing Communications
If you have given us your contact information (mail address, fax number, email address or phone number), we may want to inform you about our products and services or invite you to events by email, telephone, mobile messaging or post.
Please note, however, that if you change the communications you receive from us as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of affiliates, franchisees or business partners with whom we have already shared your personal information (i.e., to whom we have already provided your personal information as of the date of your opt-out request).
If you prefer not to receive email marketing materials from us, you may opt-out at any time by using the unsubscribe function in the email you receive from us or by clicking this link: http://www.astadala.com/unsubscribe. Opt-out requests can take up to ten business days to be effective.
We may modify this Statement from time to time. When we make material changes to this Statement we will post a link to the revised Statement on the homepage of our site. You can tell when this Statement was last updated by looking at the link and at the date at the top of the Statement. Any changes to our Statement will become effective upon posting of the revised Statement on the site. Use of the site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Statement then in effect.